What is sobersocial.org?
- sobersocial.org an online support network for anyone looking to change their relationship with alcohol.
- Addiction is often an isolated experience for the individual which can make seeking support difficult. Our platform invites users to sign up anonymously and hopes to act as one of the first stepping stones into recovery.
- Our mission is to create a space to help men and women who want to live sober, remain sober.
- sobersocial.org works through the peer support of its community - and takes influences from other self-help programmes such as SMART recovery, Alcoholics Anonymous, and other organisations.
What can you do here?
- Set your recovery date and measure how your recovery is going on a weekly basis.
- Share how you’re feeling, your experiences with addiction, and journal your recovery either privately or with the wider community.
- Offer words of encouragement and support to other members who share.
- Send real time instant messages and chat with others users in your network 24 hours a day.
- Celebrate your own and other members recovery milestones with notifications of encouragement.
- Search for support groups in your local area with up to date location, times and route information.
- Beacon your account to let others know you need urgent support.
- Attend scheduled video meetings with other users.
Credit to Martin Dunn
- Sober Social is the brainchild of Martin Dunn.
- Martin bravely fought his own problems with addiction and he cared so much about wanting to help others suffering like himself.
- Knowing that Sober Social might help to do just that continues to bring his family great comfort. This is Martin's legacy.